Jane Austen Links
- Jane Austen Biography
- Jane Austen Society of North America
- Jane Austen Center (Bath)
- Jane Austen Project
- Jane Austen Trail
- Belle Meade Plantation-Jane Austen Book Club
- British Library-Virtual Copy of Austen's "History of England"
- Chawton House Library
- Literary Winchester
- Morgan Library and Museum-"Jane Austen's Life and Legacy"
- Regency Dances
- Regency Society of America-TN Chapter
- Traveller's Rest Plantation and Museum
- What Jane Saw (recreation of 1813 Joshua Reynolds exhibition attended by Jane Austen)
Saturday, October 8, 2011
An Exciting Halloween Event for 19th Century History and Literature Lovers!
Join historically costumed reenactors as they recreate the funeral of famous Tennessean, businessman, surveyor, Revolutionary War veteran and State Senator, General Daniel Smith. The recreation will take place in Smith's actual home, Rock Castle, located in Hendersonville, TN. This event will be conducted by members of the Regency Society of Tennessee. They will be wearing their black arm bandsand mourning clothes as they gather in the General's house for a recreation of an 1818 memorial service beginning at 1:00 pm. The funeral will be followed that evening by scary, Halloween storytelling presented by the local storyteller group, "Explorastory." The storytelling starts at 6 pm and will go until 9 pm with storytellers located at three different locations in progression, at the pavillion, in the cemetery, and the front of the house.
Make plans to attend this Halloween event that has a little something for old and young alike!
For additional information, be sure to visit:
The Regency Society of Tennessee
Historic Rock Castle http://www.historicrockcastle.com/