"Jane Austen in June"Jane Austen and her popular novels have become timeless classics over the past two centuries, including "Pride and Prejudice" - celebrating its 200th anniversary this year! Join Tryon Palace, the Jane Austen Society of North America's North Carolina regional group, and the Regency Assembly of North Carolina as we celebrate Jane Austen, her great work, and explore what life was like for eastern North Carolinians at the time of Austen's novels.
The day will include special "All about Tea" tours, regency era dance classes, a special guest speaker, historic craft activities and games, and regency era tours of the Stanly House.
2nd Saturdays 2013, sponsored by the NC Department of Cultural Resources, combine arts, heritage and fun on June 08, July 13, and August 10.
Individual admission varies for Jane Austen in June events. See individual listings below for more details.
Special events for June 8 include:
The Regency Era in Eastern North Carolina
Crafting and Gaming in the Regency Era
Dancing in the Regency - Dance Classes
"All about Tea" Tour and Tea
Jane Austen Society of North America Presents Special Lecture on Pride and Prejudice
Jane Austen Links
- Jane Austen Biography
- Jane Austen Society of North America
- Jane Austen Center (Bath)
- Jane Austen Project
- Jane Austen Trail
- Belle Meade Plantation-Jane Austen Book Club
- British Library-Virtual Copy of Austen's "History of England"
- Chawton House Library
- Literary Winchester
- Morgan Library and Museum-"Jane Austen's Life and Legacy"
- Regency Dances
- Regency Society of America-TN Chapter
- Traveller's Rest Plantation and Museum
- What Jane Saw (recreation of 1813 Joshua Reynolds exhibition attended by Jane Austen)